* The apparatus consists of a water bath with a thermostatic heater, and a circulating pump to maintain uniform water temperature.
* One half of the briquette molds is fixed on a fixed plate in the water bath, the other half of the briquette mold is fixed to a carrier which slides over a rotating threaded shaft with a clutch.
* The motor and gears to rotate the shaft are housed in a cabinet fixed above the other end of the bath.
* A pointer fixed to the carrier moves over a scale graduated from 0-110 cm x 1mm fixed on the bath with "0" (zero) of the scale towards the fixed plate side.
The rotating shaft has 2 speeds of travel for the bracket, 5 cm/min and 1 cm/min., selected by a clutch. Water bath inside is aluminum, it is an insulated water bath. Water bath is provided with a drain. A heater with thermostatic control is fixed inside the water bath. Control switches for motor, stirrer, heater and indicator lamps are fixed at a convenient place on the water bath, complete with three briquette molds and one base plate, all made of brass. Operates on 230 volts A.C. single phase.
* Thermometer IP 38 C, range 23ºC to 27ºC.
* Ductility mould with base-plate.